Working Partners Drug-Free Workforce Community Initiative
What is the Drug-Free Workforce Community Initiative?
It is a public and private partnership involving: Working Partners, the State of Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, the Muskingum Area Board of MH & Recovery Services, and the Cambridge Area Chamber of Commerce. The goal is to build healthier, stronger, more productive workforces and workplaces by keeping the area apprised on substance abuse issues and legislation that affect the workplace.
1. Increasing workforce readiness and drug-free employability.
2. Drug-free workplace is more than just drug testing.
3. Businesses play a key role in substance abuse prevention, treatment, and recovery.
Goals and Objectives
1. Collect accurate data about the drug abuse impact on the local workplaces/workforce.
2. Establish an interdisciplinary stakeholder group with sustainability.
3. Establish a nucleus of businesses that have been facilitated through intensive DFWP management consultation to implement or refine their drug-free operations including second-chance policies.